Author Topic: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic  (Read 9797 times)
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #45 on: February 09, 2021, 07:09:55 PM » Author: Bulbman256
A certain someone might send a slap your way for this one!
But thanks for your support Bulbman256!

What why? ;D ???

Who, me..? Slap somebody..? As if I would  :o

Ok then, if you insist  :mrg:

:slap:

Jamie you asked for it. :mrg: :lol: :slap:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

WigWag
Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #46 on: February 09, 2021, 07:11:34 PM » Author: WigWag
Yeah he'd tell 'em to go hug a root  :slap:
OH yeah I remember that one! :lol:
Desultory13
Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #47 on: February 09, 2021, 07:12:40 PM » Author: Desultory13
OH yeah I remember that one! :lol:

Remember the lit up cow at the "Cow Store"?  :lol:
WigWag
Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #48 on: February 09, 2021, 07:16:36 PM » Author: WigWag
Remember the lit up cow at the "Cow Store"?  :lol:
Yep. I can still remember riding with him in his truck as a kid. That was the largest fluorescent bovine I ever did see... actually the only one.

Let me see now that was "A gallon of milk and a loaf of bread and..."
Desultory13
Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #49 on: February 09, 2021, 07:19:25 PM » Author: Desultory13
Yep. I can still remember riding with him in his truck as a kid. That was the largest fluorescent bovine I ever did see... actually the only one.

You're forgetting Dan Dowd's GIANT cow! Then again, that one wasn't lit.  :lol: And don't forget the rocky road or heavenly hash ice cream!
Desultory13
Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #50 on: February 09, 2021, 07:20:41 PM » Author: Desultory13
What why? ;D ???

Jamie you asked for it. :mrg: :lol: :slap:
I figured as soon as Ria saw that line of symbols you might go sailing over your house! :lol:
Desultory13
Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #51 on: February 09, 2021, 07:25:47 PM » Author: Desultory13
You're forgetting Dan Dowd's GIANT cow! Then again, that one wasn't lit.  :lol: And don't forget the rocky road or heavenly hash ice cream!
That legendary beast didn't need a light! I still have a picture of him! He may turn up again someday. :mrg:
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #52 on: February 09, 2021, 11:26:08 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000

Are you referring to this possibly ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im4GwUD1UY8   :lol:

As for being harassed/bullied here. I went through it here a while back . The "report to administrator" button is your greatest ally in that situation !! Even if the poster deletes his/her comment later , the admins can still see it if you reported it prior to deletion . As other's have already stated , ALL forms of lighting is welcome here !! From whale oil lamps to the ubiquitous LED and everything in between !
 Finally , Sucks about your father !! He sounded like a really good guy !!  :angel:

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

WigWag
Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #53 on: February 10, 2021, 07:15:26 PM » Author: WigWag
Are you referring to this possibly ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im4GwUD1UY8   :lol:

:lol: That would look right if it was a man in a pickup duelley  :lol:
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #54 on: February 11, 2021, 12:19:42 AM » Author: Bulbman256
I figured as soon as Ria saw that line of symbols you might go sailing over your house! :lol:

Sailing? Jamie if i may, even though i live near the Missouri river, you still gotta walk on land to get to my house. Where you expecting for here to travel in the water pipes? :D :mrg: ::)

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Desultory13
Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #55 on: February 11, 2021, 01:14:37 AM » Author: Desultory13
Sailing? Jamie if i may, even though i live near the Missouri river, you still gotta walk on land to get to my house. Where you expecting for here to travel in the water pipes? :D :mrg: ::)
  :lol: Of course not! That was a line from the old TV show "The Honeymooners". Ralph Kramden was always telling his wife Alice that "he's going to send her to the moon" by giving her a good "pop". Once again threatening to give her a good one he asked "How would you like to go sailing over the clubhouse!" The show was way before my time but I find it funnier than anything today!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 01:16:15 AM by Desultory » Logged
Daniel f

View Posts
View Gallery

in my house is not used led and if I can avoid it

Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #56 on: May 01, 2021, 07:27:51 AM » Author: Daniel f
Thank you Sammi that helps. I feel like I constantly need Dad's advice concerning this site as I feel like such an outcast here. Whenever I needed advice about anything it was his that I constantly sought out, now I feel so lost and empty and constantly ready to throw in the towel with everything not just LG but incandescent fans have no place here.

hi, i really like incandescent bulbs!  I tried to collect the discharge but I do not feel anything for that type of bulb.  then I'll stick with huge old or industrial bulbs.  If you like incandescence you are well received too!  I was as scared as you and even intimidated at LG.  My photos are not the best nor do I pretend to be, I just want to share my photos with all of you.  I encourage you to move on, we are all afraid at some point of the new and unknown. :D
sox35
Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #57 on: May 02, 2021, 05:28:29 PM » Author: sox35
You get nothing for something if that's what you do or at least that's how my dichro garden was received.
I never finished uploading the pictures due to the lack of interest.

In fact I've stopped any and all further uploads due to lack of interest.
This is an HID site and we all know it.
My incandescent pictures are piled up and I've recently entered the world of vintage fluorescents but they will not be uploaded.

I really wanted to introduce this site to great 80s lighting, at least incandescent and fluorescent anyway but I can't compete with cobraheads and lifeguards.

It truly sucks that WigWag and I lost our Dad the way we did.
Now I'm unable to bring truly great lighting pictures from his shops.
I have some good pictures of him with his racecars though.
He will certainly be missed.

And certainly here I will miss trying to find my way into the group but hey at least for cool lighting I experienced it, lived it, and loved it.

I'll forever miss watching endless rows of fluorescents fire up when I got to the shop with Dad.

Good lighting can be found, you just have to look for it.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 05:30:45 PM by Desultory » Logged
sox35
Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #58 on: May 02, 2021, 05:32:31 PM » Author: sox35
Oh Jamie, Jamie... This is by no means just an HID site, and you know it. Why are you being like this..? We love you and you have posted some wonderful pictures, and Sammi and I have tried to comment on them all.

Please don't take lack of comments as lack of interest. As I've told you before, many people, for better or worse, never look past the main page. That's their loss, not yours.

Post as many pictures as you can, we want to see them, whatever you think.

Ria & Sammi  :-* :love:
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: WigWag & Desultory Profile Pic « Reply #59 on: May 02, 2021, 11:37:39 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Definitely keep posting pictures Jamie !! As Ria said , If people don't bother to look past the main page , that their loss !!

I myself have a bunch of photos that NO ONE has commented on ! My top 5 most viewed photos consist of A streetlight broken in shipping , A mis-wired switch box , an advertising sign with a typo , a cat in a 1000w MV sleeve and a crappy LED conversion !

80% of my top 5 has absolutely NOTHING to do with my collection . People are strange ! What you think they'd be interested in they're not and they're interested in stuff that they shouldn't be .
 I personally don't care what anyone thinks ! I just post pictures I think are relevant to the site. If others aren't interested or don't care for them well that's their problem !!!!

BTW , I usually don't comment on phots unless I think I have something worth adding . I usually try not to use the simple one word replies unless I think it's necessary .

« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 11:47:34 PM by wide-lite 1000 » Logged

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies