Author Topic: I'm not sure about something  (Read 2423 times)
Desultory13
I'm not sure about something « on: January 26, 2021, 01:21:52 AM » Author: Desultory13
While I realize that this is a lighting site devoted to all types of lighting though lately I'm beginning to have a lot of doubts.
As a collector of older incandescents I feel that they are pretty much overshadowed by the HID collections here, certainly nothing wrong with that at all!
Yet I can't help but feel like the odd man out here as incandescents just aren't the popular interest right now. I have around 2 dozen different bulbs to upload I'm just reluctant as they are incandescents, older ones.
However I am really looking to expand into fluorescent collecting but ONLY T12s, NO T8s!
Especially looking for vintage T12 U-bends, such as GE Mod-u-lines.
Sure wish for advice on how to get better searching on eBay, I can only do very basic searches.
Well I'll see what happens, if it works out great if not it was fun for awhile. :Railway_Light: :eoled:
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I'm not sure about something « Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 01:35:46 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
It is LG after all, you are free to upload any lamp or fixture you want! If you get views, your upload has been noticed. When I comment, I try not to comment repetitive things. I don't comment on everything though. It's not that I hate certain uploads, sometimes I just don't know what to say (not in a bad way).

As for eBay searches, I'm no expert on them, but perhaps you can ask a person who buys lamps from eBay a lot, like BT25 or wide-lite 1000.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 01:40:31 AM by fluorescent lover 40 » Logged
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: I'm not sure about something « Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 02:20:18 AM » Author: dor123
Incandescent lamps aren't of my interest, because of the simplicity of their operation compared to HID lamps.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Desultory13
Re: I'm not sure about something « Reply #3 on: January 26, 2021, 10:29:59 AM » Author: Desultory13
While I realize that this is a lighting site devoted to all types of lighting though lately I'm beginning to have a lot of doubts.
As a collector of older incandescents I feel that they are pretty much overshadowed by the HID collections here, certainly nothing wrong with that at all!
Yet I can't help but feel like the odd man out here as incandescents just aren't the popular interest right now. I have around 2 dozen different bulbs to upload I'm just reluctant as they are incandescents, older ones.
However I am really looking to expand into fluorescent collecting but ONLY T12s, NO T8s!
Sure wish for advice on how to get better searching on eBay, I can only do very basic searches.
Well I'll see what happens, if it works out great if not it was fun for awhile.
:Railway_Light: :eoled:
Hey, post away.!  8)
You can't get much older than Barnaby
Mandolin Girl
Re: I'm not sure about something « Reply #4 on: January 26, 2021, 10:50:09 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Hey, post away.!  8)
You can't get much older than Barnaby
They're mainly from the 70s and 80s. But as dor123 already said "simplicity of their operation", which translates to boring. Well no they don't have the excitement of an HID lamp firing up or the color of MV, my favorite of all HID lamps. I just collect incandescents mainly because the common bulbs that I grew up with are no longer common anymore.
Mandolin Girl
Re: I'm not sure about something « Reply #5 on: January 26, 2021, 10:53:22 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
They're mainly from the 70s and 80s. But as dor123 already said "simplicity of their operation", which translates to boring. Well no they don't have the excitement of an HID lamp firing up or the color of MV, my favorite of all HID lamps. I just collect incandescents mainly because the common bulbs that I grew up with are no longer common anymore.
They might be boring for him, but Lucas posts a lot of pictures of lamps from that era. Keep the faith.  :-*
RadxD461

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I'm not sure about something « Reply #6 on: January 26, 2021, 10:58:03 AM » Author: RadxD461
While I realize that this is a lighting site devoted to all types of lighting though lately, I'm beginning to have a lot of doubts.
As a collector of older incandescents, I feel that they are pretty much overshadowed by the HID collections here, certainly nothing wrong with that at all!
Well, I'll see what happens if it works out great if not it was fun for a while. :Railway_Light: :eoled:
You and bulbman256 got me into incandescent. incandescent is really cool because it's is one of the oldest lighting sources out there. This is lighting Gallery! If it's light related, post it!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 11:00:28 AM by F20T12 » Logged
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: I'm not sure about something « Reply #7 on: January 26, 2021, 11:08:38 AM » Author: Bulbman256
Hey jamie,

In my past 9 years of collecting, moving around the country, incandescent lamps where the main thing i got a hold of because they where the easiest to store an operate and pack whenever i needed to move. You have 10 slots a day to upload with, your choise on what you do with them. While incan lamps are simple, they can still be interesting with all the history and developments behind them. :) I would love to see more incans, i want to upload some more of mien but my life has gotten into the way of that as of late. :-\ Florescent collecting is cool, some members here are the best at that sort of deal if you need help, just make sure you have a big closet to fit them in! :lol:

(sorry for the late reply, i had some of my post deleted for good reason but it dint subtract from my max posting limit of 15, so idk what was going on. :P )

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Mandolin Girl
Re: I'm not sure about something « Reply #8 on: January 26, 2021, 11:15:41 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
@Mandolin Girl: I don't know a member by the name of Lucas?

@Bulbman256: I have a pretty good idea as to why some of your posts were deleted. I believe the number was around 478. :lol:
Mandolin Girl
Re: I'm not sure about something « Reply #9 on: January 26, 2021, 12:00:37 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Lucas is LAllenLighting  8)
alexd120

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I'm not sure about something « Reply #10 on: January 26, 2021, 01:10:17 PM » Author: alexd120
I've been collecting since 2013 but I've had an interest in lighting since I was a little kid most hid highways and streetlights I show interest in

Rapid start ,preheat metal halide mercury vapor and high pressure sodium for life.

sox35
Re: I'm not sure about something « Reply #11 on: January 26, 2021, 01:16:14 PM » Author: sox35
<<snip>>
(sorry for the late reply, i had some of my post deleted for good reason but it dint subtract from my max posting limit of 15, so idk what was going on. :P )
That's because the ones that were deleted were on the 'Off Topic' board and they don't count towards the post limit.
Desultory13
Re: I'm not sure about something « Reply #12 on: January 26, 2021, 01:16:22 PM » Author: Desultory13
They might be boring for him, but Lucas posts a lot of pictures of lamps from that era. Keep the faith.  :-*
Of course, ANY type of lighting is welcome here, even L*D, although it's well known that those in particular aren't my favourite sources of light  :eoled: :lol:

We love incandescents, we've recently found several lovely old pre-1920 pip-top lamps, and they are works of art whether lit or not  :bulbman:

Post whatever you want; if it lights up, it's welcome here  :inc: :lps: :hps: :mv: :emh: :bumh:  :candle:  :eoled:
Desultory13
Re: I'm not sure about something « Reply #13 on: January 26, 2021, 03:00:09 PM » Author: Desultory13
You and bulbman256 got me into incandescent. incandescent is really cool because it's is one of the oldest lighting sources out there. This is lighting Gallery! If it's light related, post it!
Hey thanks my friend! That helps. It makes me feel like I may have actually accomplished something around here. It's all I really wanted to fit in and help out whenever possible.
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: I'm not sure about something « Reply #14 on: January 26, 2021, 03:06:14 PM » Author: Bulbman256
That's because the ones that were deleted were on the 'Off Topic' board and they don't count towards the post limit.

They did for me, i ran out of them  typing up all my due slaps! ??? :slap: :mrg:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies