Author Topic: Is this ballast a CWA ballast?  (Read 3215 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Is this ballast a CWA ballast? « Reply #15 on: December 10, 2020, 04:47:03 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Can I also determine whether this ballast is CWA or HX by seeing if the lamp is being correctly driven with or without the capacitor?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Is this ballast a CWA ballast? « Reply #16 on: December 10, 2020, 09:44:36 PM » Author: dor123
Yes. If the lamp operates at full output without a capacitor, the ballast is HX, if it is underdriven without a capacitor, so CWA.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is this ballast a CWA ballast? « Reply #17 on: December 10, 2020, 11:22:40 PM » Author: Medved
Can I also determine whether this ballast is CWA or HX by seeing if the lamp is being correctly driven with or without the capacitor?

It uses to be that way with many ballasts, but I would not rely on it. It depends, how exactly is the ballast designed.

No more selfballasted c***

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is this ballast a CWA ballast? « Reply #18 on: December 17, 2020, 10:01:12 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
After doing tests on this 400w MV ballast without using a capacitor and using the proper 400w MV lamp, I have found out that the lamp is driven at about 3.3a, which is fairly close to the needed 3.25a for operation. As a result, should this be a clear indication that my ballast is a true HX Isolating ballast?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is this ballast a CWA ballast? « Reply #19 on: February 07, 2021, 04:12:15 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
After doing tests on the ballast without a capacitor, I noticed that the total wattage on the ballast with the proper lamp was about 275w. I can be pretty sure that this leads me to think that it is a CWI ballast.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies